Friday, September 5, 2014

110

One of the ads in this September's Vogue that caught my eye was not for a designer.  It was for the magazine itself.  At the top of the layout of the table of contents (which falls on page 110) depicts a woman goose-stepping through a field of grass in a long, flowing, flower print, crepe dress and a pair of flat, black, man-shoes with laces.  Neither the dress nor the shoes would be particularly interesting separately, but it is the combination that got my attention.  It was familiar and yet so wildly retro.  It was more of a feeling that grabbed me than anything else and I almost flipped the page away when it hit me.  Flat man-shoes and a feminine ankle-length dress!

I thought to myself, "Yes!  I am going to do this."  It's such a great combination; walk to work, leave shoes on; go out, and be a bit edgy.  I love this.  It's been done before, yes, but not in a very long time.  I wanna say I was in high school or college when this was last a "style". That's a lot of years ago, but I'm glad it's back and I am in!

No comments:

Post a Comment